Privacy & Cookies policy DDWine DE (Direct Delivery Wine Germany)
PURPOSE & SCOPE
This Privacy & Cookies policy seeks to ensure that personal information managed by the Capion SAS Ltd (brand name – DDWine DE) is handled in a way that is legally compliant, ethical and adheres to industry best practice.
Personal information is in general terms, any information about an identifiable individual.
This policy is for customers of the DDWine DE website (https://ddwine.de). For the purpose of this policy, “DDWine DE”, “the Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” hereafter in the document means the Capion SAS Ltd (brand name – DDWine DE).
1. The kinds of personal information we collect
The information collected by the Company includes your first and last name, age, your company name (optional), contact details such as your physical address, mailing address, email and contact phone numbers.
By providing the Company with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing it for the purposes set out in this policy.
2. How we collect personal information
We will collect information directly from you. Such information is collected in a number of ways including:
- When you make orders on the DDWine DE website (https://ddwine.de).
- Through your communication with us which may include emails, letters, phone conversations.
- Through other interactions with our website, social media or direct marketing material.
- When you otherwise interact with the Company or disclose personal information to it.
We are at your disposal for any questions relating to the protection of your personal data: email@example.com.
3. What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when website is loaded in a browser.
They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit through a ‘session cookie’ or for multiple repeat visits using a ‘persistent cookie’. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We set up several cookies to save your age (when you answer the question whether you are 18 years old). We also set up cookies to save the list of products in the shopping cart and in the wish list, if you are not registered on the website.
5. How we store and secure personal information
We keep your hard-copy or electronic records on our secured premises and systems or offsite using trusted third parties. Our security safeguards include:
- Taking precautions with overseas transfers and third parties: when we send information overseas or use third parties that handle or store data, we ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
- System security: when you transact with us on the internet via our website we encrypt data sent from your computer to our systems. We limit access by requiring use of passwords.
We collect, use, disclose, store and retain your personal information so that we can carry out our business activities and functions and to provide you with our services. The type of information about you that we will collect, use, disclose, store and retain will depend on our relationship with you, the types of products or services you request from us and our legal obligations.
6. Complaints process
If you believe that we have breached, or potentially breached our privacy obligations, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of the website. Depending on the nature of the breach or potential breach, we may ask for further confirmation of identity, details of the complaint and/or that the request is submitted in writing for audit and compliance purposes.